25 July 2007

pocket lint check





Hey there.

Please pardon this non-commercial commercial break, but I'd like you to do something.
Call it a favor, if you want.

There this smart sexy (obstreperous, even) chick who, by way of modern day internet genealogy, would be related to me as a friend of a friend -- let's call her Bunni.

She had to deal with a lot of ugly and complicated health issues as a result of having a disease called neuroblastoma, which she was diagnosed with while still a wee one. Frankly, I think she has totally kicked that stupid disease's ass; she has not permitted either herself or others to treat her like a crip. She keeps that brisk sharp mind busy putting words to her life and goodness, but she does it well. And (stronger woman than myself) she's going to drag herself through this year's upcoming 24 hour Blogathon 2007 to raise money for the folks at the Neuroblastoma Children's Cancer Society.

She's getting sooo close to reaching her goal of $1000 but she's not there yet.

~~here's the where you come in favor part~~

Think about one thing you indulge in each week. Bottled water? A good 70% dark chocolate bar (or five)? Coffee at the drive-thru place so you don't have to get out to get java on the way to work? A mani/pedi? A gossip rag (oh, I do so enjoy a good snipefest)? Leaving too many lights on? Daily newspapers? Whatever that thing is, how much will you spend for your 'It' thing each week?

Now I'm not one to stand in your way here; if you want to buy 13 different daily newspapers then go for it. Simply follow that by sponsoring Bunni.

Or, if you've finally hopped on the good ship Sensibility and want to go an extra bold step I'd respectfully suggest sponsoring Bunni and also giving up your It thing for 24 hours. See? See that?? Don't you feel all impressed by your own great self just considering the possibilities? My my my, that does look good on you!

Sign up to sponsor Bunni HERE

I mean it.
Go do that.
Now.
I'll wait here for you while you do.

2 comments:

Bad Bunni said...

Thanks, doll. You rock. And even a dollar helps or the equivalent of New York Posts. Besides I promise candy goodness in return!

mcbeth said...

Yeah yeah yeah ... save your strength for the 'thon.

I wish you obstreperously good luck. Not that you need it, but it's like those 15 grains of salt over the shoulder, just makes sense to throw a little out there. : )

Blog Archive

statistics are fascinating