04 April 2006

blasted bunnies

wakie up-ie! by McBeth.

The child in me finds the little furry critters adorable in all the fuzziest warmest loveable ways but there is a gun totin' gal inside me ready to sit in my front window all night long, if necessary, to catch the rabbits who have newly discovered the crocus and tulips in my garden bed and who have nibbled them to the earth once already.

I breathed deeply, I counted to ten, I walked inside and played very loud music (okay fine, hippie music doesn't really get all that frenetic regardless of volume, but I did it anyway, just to let those varmints know I meant business).

I have not put fencing up around the garden because - well, because I really don't LIKE fencing. I think it looks possessive and territorial. But if the heads disappear from these crocus again, I may consider creative problem solving solutions such that the bunnies can live peaceably within the same kingdom as me and the bulbs I'm trying to grow.

Happy spring.
(quick, enjoy it before the rabbits eat it all!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my house it's not the bunnies, but the squirrels who keep digging up the bulbs and eating them, and taking off just the tops of the tulips!! Let's shoot things together!!

mcbeth said...

Those sneaky naughty varmints! How dare they. I've never fired a BB gun yet. Come to think of it, I haven't cooked me up a squirrel yet in my lifetime yet either. HmmmMMMMmmmmmm (rubbing hands evilly)

Blog Archive

statistics are fascinating