24 October 2005

the weekend of many surprises


A first anniversary weekend away from everything at a near but far-enough-away-to-feel-like-far-away B&B, a trip to the very very strange House on the Rock, and just after the clock struck midnight between Friday and Saturday - Saturday being the actual real true 1st anniversary of 10/22/04 when we first met for a cup of coffee and parted 3 hours later - my girlfriend bent down onto one knee and offered me both a ring (this ring, the ring, such a pretty ring) and a proposal.

My response to her double-whammy was immediate amazed wordless stupefication, followed by giggling, which lasted until I finally squeaked out 'yes'.

I'm at a temporary loss for an explanation ~ why this positive plague of goodness gracing my life? I feel full and oddly (for me, oddly) optimistic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!

Yay for you! and Yay for goodness and good things in your life.

beckie

Anonymous said...

WhooHOOOO!

Anonymous said...

You deserve some good in your life. I tell Chris all the time, "It's your turn". We are glad for your good fortune, and the fortune you have brought to KD.

mcbeth said...

Yeesh. Someone pass me a cloth, I need something to wipe this blush off my face!

Thank you so much for the sweet wishes and words of kindness.

and busman, I'm totally with ya ... I think Chris absolutely deserves all good things, too. D'ya hink she'll let them in any time soon? It can be so hard to believe nice things (nice people, happiness, etc.) will stay -how well I know.

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations!!

Kcupsforsale.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive

statistics are fascinating