03 October 2004

It's not so black and white


McBeth.

Last year I began noticing significant changes in my skin, the texture and sensitivity of my casing, and the obvious wrinkles that seem to be so comfortably settling in whereever they feel like settling in.

This past year I have been attitudinally strident about permitting gravity and age to claim me. I can't wrap my head around these subtle alterations in what I have always assumed was me. It is upsetting. It is me - I am me - changing before my own eyes but the action is not of me, it is all about me.

I will be 39 next month and, while I have never been partial to Big Year Markers (puhleeze, got better things to do with my idleness like .. um, well like OTHER stuff), this one is not going to slip by unnoticed, not by me.

No comments:

Blog Archive

statistics are fascinating